ACMRS Undergraduate Publishing Internships
The Arizona Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies is pleased to offer two paid internships for ASU undergraduates during Fall 2019. Interns will earn hands-on experience in either marketing or publishing, working directly with ACMRS staff and scholars on projects that will have a direct influence on the Center. Interns for Summer 2019 will be paid $2,800 and receive 3 credit hours.
Internships will take place during the fall semester, and will be 10 hours a week over the course of 15 weeks.
Applications are due by July 26th, 2019 at 3:00 PM.
The application can be found at ASU Student Jobs under the requisition number #53488BR.
ACMRS’ publishing intern will assist with:
- The editorial process for manuscript submissions.
- The production of books and journals.
- Developing and improving database systems, processes, and electronic interfaces for journals.
- Copywriting for web and print collateral.
- Creating materials and strategies to promote ACMRS publications (in collaboration with ACMRS marketing).
If the intern would like to receive academic credit, interns will be responsible for weekly reflection assignments, an end-of-semester digital portfolio of work, and an end-of-semester reflection essay.
Undergraduate students pursuing an internship should have an academic classification as a junior or senior and be in good academic standing with at least a "C" (2.50) GPA.
ACMRS' internship program is run through ASU's Department of English. Please see their internship requirements.